Thursday, June 2, 2011

Ayyyy los pepinos (the cucumbers!)

Que tal, amigos? (What's up, friends?)

I'd like to start off explaining this post's title... I don't know if this is big news in America, but we watch the news during almuerzo (lunch) y cena (dinner) every day here, and the reporter won't shut up about these killer German cucumbers! Never thought I'd have to be afraid of cucumbers!

On another quick and random note, for some reason I am incapable of responding to comments now... You know, no big deal, I'm just the owner of the blog, no reason I should be able to write in it. Anyways I will respond here. Cait, I loved hearing from you! I know you got my email but I just wanted to say it again jaja. And Kim, no te preocupes (don't worry)...I got rid of The Situation... It was a learning experience, plus he bought me my first tequila shot so...we'll call it even.

ANYWAYS. The past few days have been pretty quiet. All of a sudden our classes are starting to pick up a little. I had un trabajo (a paper) due on Tuesday, and my first examen (test) is today. I'll probably start laying the groundwork for my other two papers this weekend since I'll be home and I'm just about to finish the books they're on. I'm excited for this weekend, though, because FACYL (the arts festival I mentioned) will be here! But in general it's been a nice week: we found a new bar that mostly caters to old men but we like it because it's all fancy; we met a lot of other American kids studying here; we attempted to go shopping but everything looked weird on me because European clothes are cut differently. That's about it I suppose. Also, it's been freaking cold here! I hear you guys have had tiempo (weather) in the 90s or even up to 100...we're down in the low 60s! The news reporter says this is more like how Spanish Octobers usually are, and it's June! We aren't expecting it to get hotter until at least next Wednesday...super lame.

After our test, we have an hour before we all head to el cine (the movie theatre) for one of our mandatory "actividades culturales" (cultural activities). We're seeing a movie called 'Sin Identidad' (Without Identity) that is apparently American, anyone heard of it? I'll let you know how it is. Somehow we have to fill that hour in between so... I think we're going to be forced to go Valor again for chocolate y churros. Oh, woe is me. Jaja.

Muchos besitos!
Caitrin

No comments:

Post a Comment