Buenas noches!
The title of this post if perfect because a) it is the name of the fabulous band we saw perform tonight, and b) I'm getting the heck out of here and going to Andalucia in like 5 hours! Hmm maybe I should sleep...especially because I stayed out until 5 am again last night! Let me explain. We met up with the Italian guys again, and I spent all night talking and dancing with a really nice guy named Sergio. It was really fun, and again I got to practice my Spanish a lot! Also, he and his friends knew where some more legit Spanish bars were, not just the American ones we always hit up, so that was nice!
Today, I was super busy so I couldn't siesta, either. I am trying to do a lot of work that's due once I get back. After art, we had another mandatory cultural activity, which was another FACYL event. It was nearly as weird as the French ballet, which amazes me. Basically a British theatre group danced around really badly and made dumb jokes in high pitched voices. It was one of those shows where the humor is supposed to be in how bad it is/ how you can't believe what you're watching...But it was just awful. I usually like British humor, but this was not British humor. Anyways after that we went to another really good FACYl event: un concierto de rock (a rock concert) by Adios Motherfunkers. It was a blast! The only other really good FACYL event we've seen was last night, when a group of really awesome African gymnasts/ break dancers/ acrobats set up a stage in the middle of the Plaza Mayor. It was really cool!
Anyways, like I said I have to get up at 6:15 to leave for Andalucia... Blech! Haven't seen that hour since senior year of high school... Hope you all have great weekends!
Besitos,
Caitrin
No comments:
Post a Comment